3.07.2009

Legal Brief Project Progress

As I read the teacher’s e-mail before class, he had said to change the color of the quotes we were using for our legal brief project. I updated my first blog entry on the facts of the case and changed the font color of the quotes that I’ve used. Other than that, no changes have been made.

So far in this project, I have found two sources. The first source is http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/avp/cas/comm/free_speech/tinker.html which is 15 pages long. It actually has the facts, issues, decision and reasoning of the court, rule of the law, and the dissent. Although it has everything I basically need, I’m required to find more sources so it my project wouldn’t be seen as plagiarism. Another source I have found is http://www.infoplease.com/us/supreme-court/cases/ar39.html which is a brief summary about the case. I have not yet begun to work on my legal brief other than further readings and my first EOC blog on the Supreme Court Case that was posted last week.

My plans for this week is to research more about the issues and the decisions of the court for the Tinker vs. Des Moines Supreme Court Case. Also, I will look for more educational references online and maybe in the library about this case (but I will most likely continue to look at articles and educational sources online). Everything seems to be on track though.

No comments:

Post a Comment